Editors top 10 hotel picks for Niagara Falls
The best hotel in Niagara Falls?
As Niagara Falls residents we have the opportunity to visit every hotel in Niagara Falls and review all the reviews. For 2022 there are 55 hotels operating within the city limits of Niagara Falls Canada & Niagara Falls New York combined. Frequently we receive e-mail regarding which is the “best fallsview hotel” in Niagara Falls or the “best hotel”. This can be a difficult question to answer. Obviously you want a great view and accommodations but which is the best?
Let’s start out with some basic information. Niagara Falls Ontario Canada has a superior view of Niagara Falls over Niagara Falls New York USA. Niagara Falls New York does not have any hotels which offer any type of view of the Falls. If you want to stay at a hotel with a view of the Falls it HAS to be on the Canadian side of the border. The image below depicts Niagara Falls Canada on the bottom and Niagara Falls NY USA at the top.
In our opinion the closer you are to the Falls the better the view. But there is more than one Falls! The closest hotels to the Canadian Falls are the Marriott Fallsview, Niagara Tower Hotel and the Embassy Suites Fallsview. Between the three the Embassy Suites Fallsview slightly edges out the Marriott Fallsview because you see more actual falling water within the “horseshoe” shape of the Falls. Higher floors are not necessarily better but they do offer a more unique perspective of the entire park and surrounding area. Either way the view is absolutely stunning and you can really feel the power of the Falls.
The Sheraton Fallsview is the closest hotel to the American Falls. The views are great but it’s almost twice the distance as the Embassy and Marriott are from the Canadian Falls. The one advantage the Sheraton has is for viewing the Falls at night when they are illuminated. It’s a postcard view to say the least and it’s also the best hotel for watching the fireworks.
The Hilton Fallsview Resort is situated right between the American & Canadian Falls and offers the best view of both Falls. If you stay at the Hilton consider reserving your room in the north tower. The higher floors offer a better view as they are above the casino across the street and will give you a completely unobstructed view of both Falls.
One item you may or may not have considered is the size of the room. Before the Embassy Suites Fallsview and the Hilton Fallsview were built most Fallsview hotels were built with very small rooms when compared to today’s standards. The Embassy Suites and Hiltons rooms and suites are considerably larger than your average Fallsview hotel room and can make for a much more comfortable stay.
Location? In Niagara Falls Canada a great view from a Fallsview hotel doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best location for getting around to see the sights. On the Canadian side of Niagara the main area for viewing the Falls is called Queen Victoria Park. It’s also where you board the Boat Rides to the Falls and access the Table Rock visitor center at the brink of the Canadian Falls. The Sheraton on the Falls is almost at the foot of Clifton Hill and you can walk from there to everything. All the other Fallsview hotels are about a ten to fifteen minute walk to the park. During the warmer months the incline railway near the Embassy Suites and Marriott’s is open and you can be to the park in less than five minutes. Just remember that it’s downhill to the park in Canada and uphill for the walk back at the end of the day. Many of the hotels do offer shuttle service to the park for a $10.00-$15.00 fee but they are not timely. If you don’t mind walking you can skip the shuttle and save a few bucks. In Niagara Falls New York the terrain is much flatter and thus getting to and from the park is much easier. On the Niagara Falls New York side hotel choices are more limited and condensed over a smaller area.
The Marriott Fallsview has great fine dining and a more adult atmosphere. The Embassy’s Keg restaurant is excellent and has a lively and louder atmosphere. The Hilton’s Watermark restaurant has the best nighttime view of both Falls for a very unique fine dining experience. It’s also a bit more subdued making for the perfect romantic dinner. You can’t go wrong at any of them but be prepared to pay around a hundred forty five dollars per person for dinner.
Yes it does rain in Niagara Falls and nothing could be worse than being cooped up in a hotel room all day with kids. For this reason we give the Sheraton Fallsview high marks for their indoor water park. The Hilton Fallsview recently closed their waterpark permanently in favor of an amazing adults only infinity pool overlooking the Falls. An adjoining separate pool for children with supervision is available.
In our unbiased opinion of all the Fallsview hotels we think the Embassy Suites Niagara Falls Fallsview is the best hotel in Niagara Falls. The remaining Fallsview hotels generally offer very good to excellent accommodations and all have their pluses and minuses.
We hope you find this information helpful and if you have any questions please feel free to send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Niagara Falls Hotels for 2022
1. Embassy Suites Fallsview: Niagara’s best Fallsview hotel with an absolutely spectacular view and very good accommodations. Rooms are spacious unlike your typical Fallsview rooms. Top floor suites make for the ultimate view. A very busy hotel during peak season and the complimentary breakfast with made to order omelets is a great way to start the day.
2. Hilton Fallsview Hotel: This is really an amazing hotel! 54 floors offering great views, 2 great restaurants and the most amazing infinity pool overlooking the Falls. If gambling is your thing you can walk across the street to the Fallsview Casino or take a ten minute stroll to the brink of the Falls. The Hilton is great whether you are a family on vacation or if you are in town on business.
3. Marriott Fallsview: The Marriott Fallsview offers great views of the Canadian Falls and the service is fantastic. Dining at Morton’s Grill overlooking the Niagara Falls is something you will not soon forget. An incredible menu prepared by world class chefs. If you like to be treated first class then the Marriott Fallsview is the place to stay.
4. Sheraton Fallsview: The Sheraton Fallsview offers the best view of the American Falls and for watching the fireworks right outside your window! Located at the base of Clifton Hill and close to the Rainbow Bridge. You will find it easy to walk to everything including the US side of Niagara Falls. Connected directly to the Casino Niagara and the Fallsview Waterpark.
5. DoubleTree Fallsview by Hilton: The Double Tree is the newest hotel in Niagara Falls and it really has a top notch atmosphere. Although they have the term “fallsview” in their name they only have a few top floors with partial views of the Falls. One item worth mentioning is they do not cater to the rambunctious crowds so you don’t have to worry about late night revelers. They are in a great central location yet somewhat away from the busy street noise you have to deal with at many of the other hotels. If you are looking for a quality hotel in Niagara Falls the DoubleTree is the place to stay.
6. Niagara Tower Hotel: The Tower Hotel is the most unique hotel in Niagara Falls. Originally built as a restaurant and tourist attraction it was converted to a Fallsview hotel in 2005. Floor to ceiling windows and a close up view of the Falls makes for an amazing view. If you want to try someplace different on this trip to Niagara Falls give the Tower Hotel a try.
7. Courtyard by Marriott: Are you looking for high quality accommodations without the super high prices of a Fallsview hotel? This Courtyard by Marriott exemplifies the Marriott philosophy of providing a first class place to stay. Their great location puts you in the heart of the restaurant and entertainment district and yet only a short walk to the Falls. If you can budget a stay here you will not regret it.
8. Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview: Even though they have no rooms with a view of the Falls this hotel is our most popular budget hotel that is located in the Fallsview District. There are many chain type restaurants just steps away and it’s only a ten minute walk to the Falls. It also has a convenient pub/cafe for that quick beverage or snacks. A nice swimming pool and spa make for the perfect way to relax after a long day of touring the Falls.
9. Howard Johnson by Wyndham Niagara Falls: You may be asking yourself how does a Howard Johnson’s make the list? They have clean rooms, updated furnishings, not a lot of frills and very good prices. If you don’t spend a lot of time in your hotel room while on vacation and want to save some money this HoJo by Wyndham by the Falls makes a lot of sense.
10. Travelodge at the Falls: The Travelodge at the Falls is located on Clifton Hill in the heart of the tourism district. While it is not the quietest place to stay it is the most convenient budget minded hotel in Niagara Falls Canada. You can leave your car parked for your entire stay and walk to everything. Very popular for families with children of all ages due to their location on Clifton hill.
Best Niagara Falls New York Hotels in 2022
*There are no hotels with a view of Niagara Falls in Niagara Falls New York USA*
1. Red Coach Inn: A Niagara Falls NY favorite since 1923. Gorgeous rooms along with a very good restaurant makes for an ideal place to stay while visiting Niagara. If you are looking for a romantic setting the Red Coach Inn is for you. The biggest plus is it’s across the street from Niagara Falls State Park and Goat Island.
2. Hyatt Place Niagara Falls: Hyatt Place Niagara Falls is the newest hotel in Niagara Falls NY. Opening date was July of 2018. The hotel features a deck overlooking Niagara Falls State Park with views of the Canadian side of the city of Niagara Falls. Beautifully furnished rooms along with a great in house restaurant have been earning this hotel very high reviews. It’s a very short 7 minute walk to the brink of the American Falls.
3. The Giacomo is the most architecturally interesting hotel in Niagara Falls. Originally built in 1929 as an office building it was transformed into the most amazing boutique hotel. Plenty of easy access parking across the street and a very helpful staff. The only reason the Giacomo does not rank higher is due to the fact that there is not a full service restaurant on the property. We classify the Giacomo as more of an adults only luxury hotel.
4. Seneca Niagara Hotel & Casino: This is the most upscale hotel you will find in Niagara Falls NY. Three restaurants, casino gaming and live entertainment make it the place to stay for those willing to spend the money. It’s about a twelve to fifteen minute walk to the brink of the American Falls at Prospect Point or the Rainbow Bridge. It is worth mentioning that the main gambling area is not smoke free.
5. Sheraton at the Falls: This hotel has changed owners ten times in twenty years. Finally it has an owner who has made it a great place to stay again. While it’s a ten minute walk to the Falls it’s across the street from the Seneca Niagara Casino. A new TGIF restaurant that doesn’t have tourist prices makes it even better. Best suited for families.
6. Comfort Inn the Pointe: The Comfort Inn is right across the street from the Niagara Falls State Park and Prospect Point which makes it closest hotel to the Falls on the US side of Niagara Falls. The hotel is now open under new ownership and they have transformed it into a much higher standard than your typical Comfort Inn. We would not be surprised at all if they changed to a higher end brand name before long. There is limited availability of their rooms with a king bed so be sure to reserve well in advance for during the busy months of July and August.
7. Hampton Inn: While the Hampton Inn is about a fifteen minute walk to the Falls it’s very convenient. Spacious and clean rooms with a very helpful staff who will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Reasonable rates and ample parking. It’s not in what we would call a beautiful setting but if you are like us and you don’t spend much time in the room while on vacation it does the trick.
8. Marriott Courtyard: If you don’t need to be within walking distance to the Falls and don’t mind a short shuttle ride the Courtyard hotel is for you. You get a high quality hotel and nicely furnished rooms for a very reasonable price. This property definitely lives up the the Marriott Courtyard standard.
9. Wingate by Wyndham: The Wingate by Wyndham in Niagara Falls New York has been receiving very good reviews. It’s a thirteen minute walk to the brink of the American Falls which is fine during our prime tourist season when the weather is warm. During the offseason you may want to opt for the shuttle service.
10. Wyndham Garden has recently undergone a complete makeover and the results are fantastic. One of the best things about this hotel is its close proximity to the Rainbow Bridge and the Niagara Falls State Park. If you are a late sleeper you may want to skip the Wyndham Garden as there is a helicopter service operating across the street that starts around 9:00 am. Other than that, you won’t be disappointed.
And that’s our take on the best places to stay in Niagara Falls!
The map below displays the location of every hotel in Niagara Falls.
All rates displayed below are for July and August 2022 and are in US dollars. Any additional fees are displayed prior to making a reservation.
Narrow your search:
36 Niagara Falls Canada hotels
18 Niagara Falls NY USA hotels
11 Niagara Fallsview hotels
HOTELS NIAGARA FALLS CANADA 2022
Hotel Amenity Key
Embassy Suites Fallsview 6700 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls
$265.00 night +tax USD ~ prime season*
Rooms with Canadian & US Fallsview are the best. If you go for the breakfast buffet try to make it early as possible to avoid the crowd during the months of July and August. We rate Embassy as having the #1 view of the Canadian Falls. The Keg Fallsview restaurant is spectacular.
Hilton Fallsview 6361 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls
$229.00 night +tax USD ~ prime season*
Try to reserve on the highest floors in the North Tower. The Hilton has the best location for viewing both Falls. Kids love the indoor waterpark. The Watermark restaurant has the most romantic setting in Niagara Falls. The Hilton is ranked as one of the best hotels in Niagara Falls for its combination of price, beautiful Fallsview suites and overall quality.
Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa 6740 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls
$280.00 night +tax USD ~ prime season*
Tremendous views and typical Marriott service. Rooms tend to be on the small side yet they are furnished beautifully. We rate the Marriott Fallsview in the top three Niagara Falls Hotels. Rooms sell out quickly for the months of July and August.
Sheraton Fallsview 5875 Falls Ave. Niagara Falls
$286.00 night +tax USD ~ prime season*
Best views of the fireworks and the American Falls. Close to Clifton Hill and the Rainbow Bridge. There are even a few suites with outdoor balconies. Great reviews and we love the location. If you have an interest in walking to the USA to view the Falls or try the Cave of the Winds the Sheraton Fallsview has the best location. The entrance to the Rainbow Bridge is across the street!
DoubleTree Fallsview Resort 6039 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls
$231.00 night +tax USD ~ prime season*
We give high marks to the Doubletree Fallsview for maintaining their property to a high standard. They do offer a few top floors with views of the Falls but the best thing is they do not sell rooms to bachelor party’s and this guarantees a good nights sleep! Their beautiful lobby is actually a great place to relax and enjoy a beverage.
Niagara Tower Hotel 6732 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls