In Niagara Falls Canada Queen Victoria Park is the main area for viewing Niagara Falls. The park extends from the Niagara Parks Power Station to the Rainbow Bridge. In between you can access Journey Behind the Falls at the Table Rock Visitor Center. Walk a few minutes north and try Zipline Niagara or board the Boat Ride below the Falls.
In Niagara Falls USA you can board the Maid of the Mist at Prospect Point Park for that perfect photo and then walk over the pedestrian bridge to Goat Island and visit Three Sisters Island and the world famous Cave of the Winds. Less than a five minute walk from the Rainbow Bridge is the Niagara Falls Power Plant Ruins Site.
All of the attractions below are within a twenty minute drive from Niagara Falls. You can take the WeGo bus in Canada for visiting Niagara Helicopters, Butterfly Conservatory, White Water Walk, Whirlpool Aerocar, Floral Clock, Brock’s Monument and the Botanical Gardens. In the USA the free Discover Niagara Shuttle stops at the New York State Power Authority, Whirlpool State Park, Whirlpool Jetboat Ride in Historic Lewiston and Old Fort Niagara in Youngstown New York.
DISCOUNT PASSES FOR NIAGARA FALLS CANADA ATTRACTIONS 2023
Niagara Parks of Canada is offering three different passes for the 2023 prime tourism season months of May through October.
1. “ADVENTURE PASS CLASSIC” includes: Journey Behind the Falls, White Water Walk and 2 day WEGO transportation pass. Adults $59.00 & Youth 3-12 $38.00.
2. “FALLS PASS” includes: Journey Behind the Falls, Butterfly Conservatory, White Water Walk, Whirlpool Aero Car, Floral Showhouse, 2 days of access to WEGO transportation and two days access to the Falls Incline Railway. Adults $79.00 & Youth 3-12 $51.00.
3. “ADVENTURE PASS PLUS” includes: Journey Behind the Falls, Niagara Parks Power Station and Tunnel, Whitewater Walk, Whirlpool Aero Car, 2 day Incline Railway, 2 day WEGO transportation. Adults $99.00 & Youth 3-12 $65.00.
All day parking for automobiles is $30.97.
The above passes can be purchased at any attraction ticket window at a higher price or you can buy in advance at the above pricing and save. Advance purchase does not include any reserved time for your admission. All admissions are first come first served.
* All prices quoted in Canadian dollars and taxes are not included.
*Passes do not offer entry to the Boat Ride Below the Falls. Boat ride tickets must be purchased separately.
DISCOUNT PASSES FOR NIAGARA FALLS USA ATTRACTIONS 2023
Niagara Falls New York’s Discovery Pass is your ticket to discounted admissions throughout Niagara Falls State Park and the Niagara region. The Pass offers up to a 35% discount on all attractions including Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Discovery Center, the Observation Tower, and the Aquarium of Niagara. Includes unlimited rides on the Niagara Scenic Trolley, which takes you on a three-mile guided tour of Niagara Falls State Park with stops at all attractions.
*2023 Special notice– New York State Parks is not offering the “Discovery Pass” at this time. All tickets must be purchased in person at the attractions ticket window.
Cave of the Winds: $21.00 Adults $17.00 child 6-12.
Maid of the Mist: $28.25 Adults $16.50 child 6-12.
Aquarium of Niagara: $19.95 Adults $17.95 child 6-12.
Niagara Scenic Trolley: $3.00 Adults $2.00 child 6-12.
Parking is currently $10.00 at all Niagara Falls State Park parking lots and $15.00 on weekends.
Top ten things to do in Niagara Falls!
We receive many inquiries regarding what “not to miss” while visiting our area so we’ve compiled this list for you.
1. In Niagara Falls Canada a walk along the gorge from the Rainbow Bridge to Table Rock is something everyone will want to do. Along the way you can view both the American & Canadian Falls while enjoying the beautifully landscaped Queen Victoria Park and Oakes Gardens. If you are only visiting on the US side of Niagara Falls you will want to visit Prospect Point & Goat Island.
2. A boat ride in to the mist of Niagara Falls is usually at the top of everybody’s “to do” list. You can board from either the USA or Canada. In the USA board from Prospect Point Park and in Canada you board from Queen Victoria Park near the base of Clifton Hill. If you do board from NY you will have the opportunity to ride on the observation tower elevator and walk up the foot path towards the brink of the American Falls.
3. Do you want to get really close to the Falls? Then visit the Cave of the Winds on Goat Island in Niagara Falls NY. While you are there walk out to the “Three Sisters Islands” for a beautiful view of the upper Niagara River.
4. We have to mention Journey Behind the Falls located at the Table Rock area in Queen Victoria Park. This attraction gives you a beautiful perspective of the Horseshoe Falls. If you don’t have the time to try Cave of the Winds, this is the next best thing.
5. Even though it’s a fifteen to twenty minute drive from the Falls a ride on the Whirlpool Jetboat is an amazing experience which rivals the Maid of the Mist boat ride. The views are just phenomenal and the rush of riding through the rapids will leave you grinning from ear to ear! For the not so adventurous the Whirlpool Jet offers rides on their enclosed jet boats to keep you and your gear dry.
6. If you don’t want to get wet but want to see the Lower Niagara River Rapids up close you have three options. For the quick in and out you can take an elevator to the bottom of the Niagara Gorge in Niagara Falls Canada at the White Water Walk. Otherwise if you are somewhat athletic you can hike down into the gorge from Whirlpool State Park in the USA or in Niagara Falls Canada you can try the Niagara Glen trail near the Butterfly Conservatory.
7. Think you have seen and done everything so far? Nothing is more satisfying than fine dining with a view of the Falls. All the major Fallsview hotels have restaurants with a view but two in particular are at the top of the list. The Watermark restaurant at the Hilton Fallsview is spectacular with an equal view of both the American and Canadian Falls. The Keg restaurant at the Embassy Suites is much closer to the Canadian Horseshoe Falls and is very impressive as well. The Keg’s atmosphere tends to be a bit more lively (and louder) but the food and service is equally good. Final word, It’s not cheap! Plan on spending $145.00 plus per person.
8. Stay in a Fallsview Hotel. Think about a living room with a view of Niagara Falls. What a concept! There are eleven Fallsview hotels each with their own unique qualities. The hotel which we think has the best view is the Embassy Suites Fallsview hotel. Their Junior Presidential Suites offer a jaw dropping view of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. It’s a three way tie on second best. In no particular order the Marriott Fallsview is more upscale. The Hilton offers the best view of both Falls. The Sheraton Fallsview is in a great location for getting around to see all the sights and the best location for viewing the fireworks over the Falls at night.
9. Now that your wallet is almost empty a ride on the Whirlpool Aero Car is an interesting way to spend a half hour without breaking the bank. A suspended cable car crosses the gorge directly over the giant whirlpool on the Niagara River. Access is only from Canada and is about a five minute drive from the Falls.
10. If you have any money left and want to try something unique go for a helicopter tour over the Falls. There are two really great things about doing this. First is if you have never taken a helicopter ride they are really cool! Secondly if you are going to take a helicopter ride what better place than Niagara Falls.
And that’s our take on the top ten things to do in Niagara Falls!