NIAGARA FALLS ATTRACTIONS 2020
In Niagara Falls Canada, Queen Victoria Park is the main area for viewing the falls. The park extends from the brink of the Canadian Falls to the Rainbow Bridge. At the brink of the Falls you can access Journey Behind the Falls at the Table Rock Visitor Center. Walk a few minutes north and try Zipline Niagara or board the Boat Ride below the Falls. There are so many things to do in Niagara Falls!
= CANADA =USA
Please note that there are no boat rides available during the months of November through April. Zipline Niagara is also closed. Opening dates for the 2020 season will be posted as they become available.
In Niagara Falls New York, Prospect Point Park & Goat Island are the two locations for viewing the falls and together are called the Niagara Falls State Park. At Prospect Point you can stand at the brink of the American Falls or take the elevator down to the river and board the Maid of the Mist Boat ride. Then it’s a five minute walk to Goat Island where you can visit Cave of the Winds, Three Sisters Islands and the brink of the Canadian Falls at Terrapin Point.
In Niagara Falls Canada the following attractions are on the WeGo bus route and are within a five to ten minute drive north of the Falls. Niagara Helicopters, Butterfly Conservatory, White Water Walk, Whirlpool Aerocar, Floral Clock, Brock’s Monument, Botanical Gardens.
DISCOUNT PASSES FOR NIAGARA FALLS CANADA ATTRACTIONS
During the months of November through April Niagara Parks offers the “Wonder Pass” which bundles several off season attractions for a discounted price. Purchase your pass online through Niagara Parks Canada.
The Niagara Falls “Adventure Pass” includes admission to Journey Behind the Falls, Hornblower Niagara Cruises, Niagara’s Fury, White Water Walk, two day WEGO bus transportation plus money saving coupons for other attractions. Kids 5 and under are Free!
2020 pricing: Adults- ages 13+ $87.00 @ ticket window or $67.00 online / Children 6-12 $57.00 @ ticket window or $44.00 online.
Save money by purchasing online in advance: PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE
~Passes can also be purchased at any of the attractions ticket windows~ * All prices quoted in Canadian dollars. Taxes not included.
DISCOUNT PASSES FOR NIAGARA FALLS NEW YORK ATTRACTIONS
Niagara Falls New York’s Discovery Pass is your ticket to discounted admissions throughout Niagara Falls State Park and the Niagara region. The Pass offers up to a 35% discount on all attractions including Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Discovery Center, the Observation Tower, and the Aquarium of Niagara. Includes unlimited rides on the Niagara Scenic Trolley, which takes you on a three-mile guided tour of Niagara Falls State Park with stops at all attractions.
2020 pricing: Adults-ages 13+$74.20 @ ticket window/ $49.00 online- Children 6-12 $54.15 @ ticket window / $38.00-online.
Purchase your Discovery Pass online: Niagara Falls State Park USA.
Passes can be purchased at the Prospect Pointe Visitor Center. All prices quoted in US dollars. Taxes not included.
There is now the Discover Niagara Shuttle which offers free transportation to many additional attractions along the Niagara River including Whirlpool Park, Old Fort Niagara and Historic Lewiston . This is a great way to see more of the this beautiful area for free! Service operates during the months of May through September.
You can view the location of each attraction on our Niagara Falls Hotel & Attractions map.
Top ten things to do in Niagara Falls !
We receive many inquiries regarding what “not to miss” while visiting our area so we’ve compiled this list for you.
1. In Niagara Falls Canada a walk along the gorge from the Rainbow Bridge to Table Rock is something everyone will want to do. Along the way you can view both the American & Canadian Falls while enjoying the beautifully landscaped Queen Victoria Park and Oakes Gardens. If you are only visiting on the US side of Niagara Falls you will want to visit Prospect Point & Goat Island.
2. A boat ride in to the mist of Niagara Falls is usually at the top of everybody’s “to do” list. You can board from either the USA or Canada. In the USA board from Prospect Point Park and in Canada you board from Queen Victoria Park near the base of Clifton Hill. If you do board from NY you will have the opportunity to ride on the observation tower elevator and walk up the foot path towards the brink of the American Falls.
3. Do you want to get really close to the Falls? Then visit the Cave of the Winds on Goat Island in Niagara Falls NY. While you are there walk out to the “Three Sisters Islands” for a beautiful view of the upper Niagara River.
4. We have to mention Journey Behind the Falls located at the Table Rock area in Queen Victoria Park. This attraction gives you a beautiful perspective of the Horseshoe Falls. If you don’t have the time to try Cave of the Winds, this is the next best thing.
5. Even though it’s a fifteen to twenty minute drive from the Falls a ride on the Whirlpool Jetboat is an amazing experience which rivals the Maid of the Mist boat ride. The views are just phenomenal and the rush of riding through the rapids will leave you speechless.
6. If you don’t want to get wet but want to see the Lower Niagara River Rapids up close you have three options. For the quick in and out you can take an elevator to the bottom of the Niagara Gorge in Niagara Falls Canada at the White Water Walk. Otherwise if you are somewhat athletic you can hike down into the gorge from Whirlpool State Park in the USA or in Niagara Falls Canada you can try the Niagara Glen trail near the Butterfly Museum.
7. You’ve seen and done everything so far? Nope! Nothing is more satisfying than fine dining with a view of the Falls. All the major Fallsview hotels have restaurants with a view but two in particular are at the top of the list. The Watermark restaurant at the Hilton Fallsview is spectacular. You get an equal view of both the American and Canadian Falls. The Keg restaurant at the Embassy Suites is much closer to the Horseshoe Falls and is almost as impressive. Their atmosphere is a bit more lively (and louder) but the food and service is as equally good. Final word: It’s not cheap! Plan on $125.00 plus per person.
8. Stay in a Fallsview Hotel! Think about a living room with a view of the falls. What a concept! Imagine being able to kick back and relax with a view of the Falls. There are quite a few fallsview hotels each with it’s own qualities. The hotel which we think has the best view possible is the Junior Presidential Suites at the Embassy Suites hotel. It’s a three way tie on second best. In no particular order the Marriott Fallsview(upscale), Hilton (best view of both Falls) and Sheraton on the Falls (great location for getting around).
9. Now that your wallet is almost empty a ride on the Whirlpool Aero Car is an interesting way to spend a half hour without breaking the bank. A suspended cable car crosses the gorge directly over the giant whirlpool on the Niagara River. Access is only from Canada and is about a five minute drive from the Falls.
10. If you have any money left and want to try something unique go for a helicopter tour over the Falls. There are several outfits which offer rides on both sides of the border. There are two really great things about doing this. First is if you have never taken a helicopter ride they are really cool! Secondly if you are going to take a helicopter ride what better place than Niagara Falls.
And that’s our take on the top ten things to do in Niagara Falls!